Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Back to work...

I'm back on even keel with no doctor's appointments for the near future. I'm working out again and even took my first golf lesson last week.

Monday was our 41st Anniversary. It's hard to believe that much time has passed. It goes so fast! This last year was frightening and we appreciated our anniversary more than ever as a result.

We are two days from Thanksgiving and, once again, we feel blessed and will give hearty thanks for the good health that seems to be with us after a year long storm of challenges. Sharon and I spent the last two Sunday's at the Universal Unitarian church. We liked what we saw. I'm sure we will join. In my lifetime, I've moved from Catholic to Episcopal to United Church of Christ Congregational to Unitarian. Each religion is more liberal than the last. What could be next?

In another step toward getting settled in Pacific Grove, Sharon attended an orientation session to become a literacy volunteer. When they discovered that she is certified to teach English as a Second Language, they decided to assign two adults who don't speak English. She is very excited to get engaged, again, in the work she loves the most.

1 comment:

Blue said...

Hi Bob
I read your whole blog tonight. I don't now why, but I had the hardest time getting myself to log on to experience your journey first hand through your eyes, Jordan's and Sharon's. Now that I have, I wish that I had done so right from the beginning.
As I was reading I had a few flashbacks, and I must admit, though my eyes got a little teary, it felt great to rummage through the old memories. Well, enough of that, I just wanted to say congrats on a battle well fought, that I am overjoyed that you have made it through, and that you have such a great family and friends to help you when you needed it.
Also, if you ever get back to colrain in the winter, we now have a snowmobile as well.

always in my thoughts, well as much as possible with three boys,
Benji