Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Children and Grandchildren to the Rescue!

No health news.

+++++++++++

Managing our fear is the major challenge. Working out helps. I have worked out every day for two hours. Ritual helps. We have been busy getting our two homes ready for a visit. Our daughter, Jordan, her husband Matt and the two grandchildren, Baxter and Lyle, arrived today. We met them at the San Jose Airport with two cars and drove to Pacific Grove. Jordan and I drove together. I broke the news to her. She was great. I realize that I need to tell as many people as possible as quickly as possible because there is relief in getting past these painful moments. I'll know better what to say after the CT PET scan tomorrow. Jordan will go with me.

We will have hours to talk. I had said to Sharon, months ago, that I needed to spend more time with Jordan and Josh. We are so busy giving all of our time and attention to other people and don't give enough time and attention to our relationship. We will get that time.

Lyle is two years old. He knows how to get attention and he knows how to exert his will. Baxter is six. He is suffering from a stomach virus. We jump into presents, activities, meals, sleeping arrangements and visiting with great enthusiasm. We are consumed by family. We have no time to be anxious. Our fear and sadness is under control and it feels good.

No comments: