Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Deep in Rain Season

I was exploring the rocks, with my camera, at low tide this afternoon during a break in the rain and came across this Great Blue Heron. He didn't seem to mind my presence. He was regal as he picked little fish from the tide pools and swallowed them in one gulp. I really like my new camera. I had the 300 mm lens that I got for a birthday present.

We came home from a week of deep freeze in the East to non-stop rain on Sunday and it feels great.

I did some work in New York City late last week and then went on to Springfield, MA where my in laws are trying to adjust to the idea of moving out of their home of 50 years and into a new senior apartment in a nearby neighborhood.

This was the first real travel and business trip since going back to work part time. It was touch and go because I came down with a cold that robbed me of my voice for the first half of the week. I gambled that I would get my voice back before the workshop. I did...30 minutes before the workshop. Close call.

All in all, I did fine. I'm looking forward to stepping up my work hours over the next few weeks.

No comments: