Monday, January 28, 2008

It's still raining...

We managed to stay warm and dry as the rain continued to come down over the weekend. There is no sun in sight on the 10 day weather forecast, but we needed the rain to prevent the drought conditions that often affect the Monterey Peninsula.

Sharon loves her orientation workshops at the Monterey Aquarium. It's the best organized and managed non profit organization that she has been involved with including Kew Gardens in London. She is studying to be a guide.

We also are joining the Monterey Unitarian/Universalist Church next Sunday. We haven't had the time to be involved with a church since our Middletown days. It's been very enjoyable to connect with so many caring people in a church which is so inclusive.

My health continues to be good. My weight is stable. I'm eating a wide variety of food. Occasionally, I have trouble swallowing and I have to eat slowly and carefully. I saw a story the other day about medical researchers who have worked out an esophagus transplant for people with esophagus cancer that is made of a pig's bladder coated with stem cells. It seems to work. I've worked hard to avoid piggishness and I don't think I'll be one of first to try it.

I have follow up CT scans again in a couple of weeks. Those are always unnerving, but I don't feel any symptoms that give me any concern, so, once again, I'm expecting a good outcome.

We had a video conference with our grandchildren yesterday. The technology is improving and it really helps to see a video image of them as well as hear there voices.

No comments: