Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Surgery plus 55 days




Well, after my success with the pitching wedge, I went back to the driving range several days in a row and worked my way through the bag. After a few days, I came to the conclusion that I could play again. So, yesterday, I played 9 holes. It wasn't a pretty round in general, but I made three pars. I don't think I could have walked the course, but I had no problem driving it in a golf cart. In fact, I'm sure I could have done 18. I think the surgeon told me that I might be able to play golf again after 12 months or so if all went well. I can't wait to tell him next week that I'm playing golf again less than two months after surgery.

I also worked out in a gym a couple of days ago. I took it real easy, but I was amazed at how much I could do.

So, physically, I'm doing better. My lungs are clearing. My stamina is increasing and could be back to normal in about four weeks or so if I keep improving at this rate. I'm beginning to talk with clients and partners about work they would like me to do. I'm eager to get back.

I'm still having difficulty eating enough during the day. I continue to lose weight and haven't really stabilized yet. I'm hoping that the increased exercise and fresh air will stimulate my appetite, but I still have to be able to eat more. The doctors have said that my eating capacity will improve, but I need that to happen soon.

Thanks, again, for all your emails and cards. They mattered a lot through all of this.

No comments: