Sunday, September 2, 2007

On a clear day...



I woke up this morning to barking sea lions. They are at least a mile away at the Monterey wharf, but the sound carried through town and slipped in our open bedroom window. Then, I heard reveille being played at the Presidio. I jumped to attention and discovered the clearest day I've yet experienced in Pacific Grove.

We went for a walk at Asilomar beach and had lunch at the Inn at Spanish Bay before returning. What a great way to start a day!

We've cleared enough boxes away to begin sorting out our art and getting the best pictures hung. It makes a big difference to the look of each room and the sense that this is now home.

Sharon took this picture of me on the walk this morning. I'm a lot thinner than the last time most of you saw me. I've dropped about 45 - 50 pounds. I think my weight has stabilized. I'm at my ideal weight for my height. That's comforting. Now I need to build muscle back up. It will take some time. Esophageal Cancer is one way to lose a lot of weight quickly and keep it off. I don't recommend it.

No comments: