Monday, May 7, 2007

Summer Is Here!







We've had a beautiful string of sunny, warm days in Pacific Grove. Everything has the shimmer of summer on it. The ocean shimmers. The trees shimmer. Even the monarch butterflies, which live here from October to May in three trees by the tens of thousands, shimmer.


My good friend, Kevin Woodson, came by for a day and we did some plein air watercolor painting. Well, actually, Kevin gave me a lesson in plein air watercolor painting. I did take some good photographs while absorbing 'the Woodson Method'.


Our remodeling project is mostly done and there are only one or two contractors here at a time now. Our home should be completely livable by the time we leave for the surgery date.


The surgery is still, somehow, academic. I'm feeling no anxiety or fear. At some point, I'll probably break out in a sweat, hives, or who knows what, but I'm enjoying the peace while it lasts.


I'm doing so well that Sharon is headed for Chicago on Wednesday for a week of visiting with our daughter, son-in-law, and two grandchildren.


I'm headed to Napa Valley for a few days to visit with our son.


We are both looking forward to some children time!


Again, I am overwhelmed with well wishing and prayer. I can't express how much your support has meant.

3 comments:

Kevin Woodson said...

After all these years enjoying your photography, Bob, it was a gift to spend the afternoon painting flowers with you. It appears you and Sharon live amidst a chorus of flowers, and I can imagine you'll never be wanting for inspiration. Keep your brushes wet, and let's paint some more soon!
-- Kevin

Unknown said...

Hi Bob:
I think of you often and I know I am not alone in this. You are so unique in such terrific ways. This morning I am remembering a visit in Pacific Grove with Daniel and Brian. I can see you laughing till you cried. While it would feel so much better to be with you in person, your posts do warm and enlighten in a very "Bob Sadler" sort of way. So thank you for writing them. We all see our worlds a little more clearly and with a lot more heart because of you.

much love,

Barbara

Terry Nagel said...

Bob:

I am inspired by your strength and positive attitude.

You certainly have made a difference in my life as I navigate the rocky shoals of politics.

Terry Nagel