Monday, April 2, 2007

Spring and Recovery March into April

We are in Pacific Grove for some recovery time and Spring is in full blossom. Everything here is just gorgeous. I'm beginning to eat well as my esophagus irritation subsides. I'm getting a lot of exercise. I still have to sleep an hour in the afternoon, but generally feeling better every day. This is a good place for recovery. Every look at the ocean brings a renewed sense of well being.

We are doing some remodeling on our home, so we've done considerable moving and prep so that the contractors could get going this morning.

The next meeting with the surgeon is on April 19th. I'll also have a CT Scan that morning. After that, we should know the surgery date. I'm confident that I'll be physically ready. Again, thank you all for your messages of support. They have meant to world to me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greetings Bob,

Finally got another chance tonight to catch up on your blog. I deeply appreciate the insights and humor and ordeal that you describe. It is much more than I originally imagined. Thank you for allowing us to follow your journey. It is like getting a chance to have a visit with you, which means a lot as you go through this.

Know that your name has been repeated every night in our family prayers since mid-January. Our four year old Christiana knows "Bob Sadler" very well!!

I will be in Palo Alto for a conference in mid-April and was to email you but read your blog beforehand. I see you are in Pacific Grove (can't think of a better place to be). I will miss you but look forward to a visit perhaps with Candace and I when you are back in the saddle. Until then, know that our family's hearts and thoughts and prayers will point each day to your full recovery.

Blessings and protection to you and your family as you pass through this time.

Jim Toole

Amy said...

Dear Bob,

I came here via your delightful daughter, Jordan.

My dad had cancer and your blog is so enlightening for me. He never really talked about his illness and reading these posts helped me understand a little better what he went through.

I, too, think often of the Edwards'. Wishing you the best of luck, the best of surgeons, and the best recovery and prognosis.

Be well.

Best,
Amy