Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Update on Bob



Back when my father started this blog and was scheduled to have surgery in late January, he asked me to fill in for him here with some updates for you while he was in the hospital. It has occurred to me today that perhaps I should fill in for a little while right now.

When my father went to Stanford yesterday for his treatments, the staff found that his heart rate was unusually high and somewhat irregular. After getting checked out in the emergency room, he was admitted to Stanford yesterday afternoon. I am sure my parents can fill in the details for you, but here is what I can tell you from Chicago. From what I understand he is feeling quite well. He is comfortable, slept well last night, and has been reading and watching TV. His heart was back to a normal rate yesterday evening and overnight, but was high again this morning. It seems he needs medication via IV to keep it under control right now. My parents will be meeting with a cardiologist today. This was not something they had expected as a side effect from radiation or chemotherapy, so it is a bit of a mystery to my parents. My father has been on a lot of asthma medication recently and we know that this makes our hearts race, but the medical staff doesn't feel this accounts for the problem.

One of us will continue to provide updates as we know what is going on. As my father has said, thank you for your support, thoughts, and prayers. Our whole family appreciates it.

No comments: