Sunday, June 3, 2007

First day is promising

My first day home for recovery was outstanding. I still can't talk much because I start coughing as soon as I do and coughing, although therapeutic in my situation, is painful. I started on my new life style of eating small portions of nutritious food about 6 times a day. Sharon made some excellent food and I delighted in every morsel. I still have no appetite, really, but eating was still wonderful. I feel stronger already. I have a lot strange sensations and some pain in various places in my torso at various moments, but I haven't needed painkiller during the day. I can engage in moderate activity, and my breathing is the limiting factor.

Josh is joining us today for support this week. I'm looking forward to seeing him. With his help, I think we will make some quick progress this week. I can see that it will take a number of weeks to adjust to my new organ placement and complete healing from two large incisions. I'll be on the phone as soon as my breath allows me to.

1 comment:

Bruce and Laurie Warner said...

Bob and Sharon - It is so great to know that you are past your last hurtle and making a speedy recovery. We have missed you the past several weeks and look forward to your return to Pacific Grove. Chuck, Mike and I have been playing too many 3-somes and look forward to a fully recovered par-shooter to fill out our group. You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.