Friday, June 29, 2007

Surgery plus 37 days


The back of our home in Pacific Grove faces the sunrise. On most mornings a crisp and colorful show throws it's light on a myriad of roof tops that stretch toward the bay. The sun sets through the front windows and it's a whole different story. By sunset, the strong breeze that stirs in the afternoon has blown mist off the waves that crash on the ocean side of our little peninsula. The air is heavy with droplets. Each droplet, if you could look at it with a magnifier, contains an upside down picture of the sunset behind it. The total effect is a warm glow that envelopes the neighborhood and cypress trees to the west.

I am enveloped in a warmth, here, that I can't explain. I'm feeling better each day. I've talked to a lot of friends and family and feel like I'm getting focused on things beyond my battle with cancer.
Soft mist slowly lifts
The old world appearing
My hunger returns

No comments: