Monday, August 27, 2007

Clear Day

Pacific Grove is famous for it's cold foggy months of July and August. There is a marine layer of gray cloud that hangs over the ocean at about 500 ft that stretches from here all the way back to Hawaii. The layer is receding by 9:00 am and the rest of the day has been clear and warm. The season has changed. We are into a September weather pattern. Our summer starts now and runs to November.

I look over my computer screen at rooftops and cypress trees all the way to Monterrey Bay. I get a peek at the bright blue ocean and the distant Santa Cruz hills on the other side of the bay. Warm air settles on my shoulders and massages them until they drop about two inches. The pain in my back, a residual result of surgery, recedes with the fog.

We cleaned up all of the last boxes in the house this morning. We are now truly moved in and living here. We've waited for this day a long time. Tomorrow, Sharon starts attending a program at the University of California Monterey Bay on ancient cultures. I will play golf all morning. We are not disappointed.





No comments: