Saturday, August 4, 2007

Surgery plus 73 days

I'm continuing to improve. It's a slow process. We are in San Carlos this week continuing to sort and pack for the move to Pacific Grove on August 21. I'm talking a lot with clients to see what has happened since I left work in January. A lot has happened. I get very fired up with each new client issue and want desperately to get back to work. One of my clients said yesterday that it takes at least a month to recover from each hour that you are sedated in surgery. I think that formula may apply. By that measure, I should be fully back by the end of October, five months of recovery for five hours of surgery.

1 comment:

Ted Carroll said...

Bob,

I learned from Danny Merida earlier this year about "challenging times", but I've just taken the last 90 minutes or so to review the journey of the last nine months.

Thanks for posting your story. I confess I read the last chapter first to assuremyself that you were doing well. Then, I went back to the beginning and read the scary discoveries and worries along with the keen insight and wit I remember so well from your days in Hartford.

Over the last 20 months, Jane and I have been engaged in our own battle. My wife was diagnosed with both breast cancer and multiple myeloma back in the winter of 2006. She has apparently licked the breast cancer, which happily was diagnosed at a very early stage. And the multiple myeloma, while unfortunately incurable, has been treated and is currently under control.

Like you, we are grateful for having access to great medical care and to the support of family and friends.

May you and Sharon enjoy getting your old lives back, and may your lives be enriched and deepened by the discoveries, changes and adventures that you've captured so well in words and photography.

My best to you,

Ted Carroll