Thursday, August 16, 2007

Gettin' past it!


Everything continues to go well. I've managed to do some light assignments for clients that amount to about three days of work in August.
We are continuing to sort and pack for our move to Pacific Grove on August 21. The move has been very difficult because we are reducing our living space and consolidating two homes into one. Suddenly, pieces of furniture that we really liked in San Carlos are the wrong color or size in Pacific Grove. Little pieces of art that remind us of this trip or that family gathering can't be accommodated in our smaller space. Each decision to shed something becomes painful when you value your history as much as we do.
I completed a follow up endoscope. That went OK. I'm not sure what they used to knock me out, but I felt GREAT all day after the procedure. Now I know what great feels like again. Unfortunately, I was back to feeling like a recovering surgery patient the next day. We discovered that I had some thrush infection (from the inhalers that I've been using) in my esophagus that needed seven days of medication. The medication upset my stomach and I didn't feel great for the past week as a result. It felt like I was going backwards. I'm past all of that now. I feel much better today.
The doctors are predicting that I'll regain my strength by the end of December. In the meantime, I'll be able to do more and more each month.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Hang in there, Dad, you're doing GREAT!!