Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Good News!

My internist called to say that the CT PET scan was almost perfect. The only suspicious area was in my pelvis and was probably a false positive related to some arthritis.

++++
My heart dropped when Sharon told me that Dr. Wissink called to give me the report from the CT PET scan. I couldn't be reached at that moment and she wouldn't give Sharon any information...she had to talk with me. There is some unevenness in the process for reporting test results to a patient. Often, a doctor reporting good news will just leave a message. When a doctor insist on speaking with me, I cringe. It must be bad. When you can't reach that doctor for another day, you have a recipe for a sleepless night.
We finally connect the next day. The news was almost perfect. We celebrate for the first time. If the test results had shown that the cancer had spread far and wide, I would have been in much more trouble.

No comments: