Thursday, January 11, 2007

I have a strategy!

No health news.
++++
There is a secret society of cancer and other disease survivors and I have been welcomed into it with open arms. I have alerted most of my family, friends and colleagues regarding my condition, and nearly every one of you responded quickly. I never realized just how many people have struggled with cancer or heart disease themselves.
I spent two of the last three days at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories working with clients. It turns out that my clients all have survivor stories of their own. They shared their learning with me. It was helpful.
As a result of their input, I have a strategy for dealing with my cancer. It's a three pronged strategy.
First, as one client put it, we need to use the military approach. We need to find the cancer, stop the spread and kill it! I'm outsourcing that to the medical community. They will use the knife, radiation and poison. I've hired the best in the business and I need for them to succeed. But, it won't be enough!
Second, I need to keep the millions of non-cancerous cells in my body from panicking and going dysfunctional while war wages around them. I have a change management issue with my own healthy cells. This arm of the strategy is mine and mine alone. I need to be optimistic and confident. I need to visualize and meditate around a good outcome. I heard a well known doctor, many years ago, describe how your attitude is read by the cells in your body and those cells will help you heal if your confidence kicks off the best possible biochemical reactions. I believe it. Even the medical community now believes that and has the research to prove it.
Third, I need prayer, meditation, and good healing vibes that so many people have talked about sending my way. I am overwhelmed by the number of people who pray or meditate or concentrate on loving thoughts regularly each day. I will happily accept it all.

No comments: